Pages

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

I entered treatmeant a year ago today

Some people may say this past year has gone by slow, but for me it's the exact opposite. I was entered into an Eating Disorder treatment facility a year ago today. The River centre Clinic. I was 17 and put onto the Adolescent unit. There were only 2 of us for my first 3 weeks then I met my great friend. And then only three for some time. I was there for 9 weeks.  I remember my first day very clearly.  I couldn't stop shaking because my anxiety was higher then it has every been. I met with a therapist who showed me the food area. I was calm unlike others. Because As an adolescent I chose to go in on my own. I went and talked to some therapist because mine wasn't there. And then I sat down for my first meal. It took me a while to eat it. By the time I was done, she told me to get the crumbs. I looked at her and was like "WANT ME TO F-ING LICK IT?" Then I did, being the smart ass I am. I went to my first group and could NOT stop shaking.  I was scared. But who isn't on there first day right? The next few days I was literately sick. From the food, nerves and my therapist not being there.  I was soo scared. I remember the  Adults asking me how I was doing, and I ate with them every day for my first 5 weeks because there were either 2 or 3 of us there. By then end of treatment. I dealt with things I never have, I got to process the fact that I missed 2 months of my senior year. I was not happy with the amount of food I had to eat, I did not like anything going on, but it was the best for me. Towards the end it got tough because my therapist was diagnosed with Breast cancer, and I couldn't really talk to her. So I continued to act like nothing was wrong. I went home finally. I was there from aug 6 to oct 24. I did well for a moment, Then Ii relapsed, I was re entered on my own will, yet again. I was put in dec 25 the day after  CHRISTMAS! I went back in as an Adult, and it was way different. In these six weeks I opened up more then I did the first time. I meet some nice people who are here in my recovery helping me today and who I still talk to. My new therapists helped me a lot. I went from Kimmie and then to both Kimmie and Meggan, and they really helped me. I have been home since feb 12. So it's been 6 months and 6 days.  I am on my way to college in 12 days. I still struggle I'm not "Perfect" Because there is no such thing. I work really hard, I go to therapy twice a week and two groups a week. I'm not doing amazing, but I am doing well. Tonight at my group we each have a topic for like 20 mins, and I'm going to discuss this topic. I can not believe it's been a year. I am in such a better place then I was a year ago..If it wasn't for them and the people I met I wouldn't be here, or I would be in a very bad place. I'm thankful I found them. Were I am going to college if I struggle The RCC is 30 minutes away, and I can get help. But I don't see that happening.

Thank you to those who are still there for me and help me in my Recovor proccess!

You two have helped me the most! Thank you so much!


 Thank you so much love!

Thank you So much, You guys helped me through my recovory and your still here to help me this day!

I love you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment