Pages

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Working hard and being judged for it

I haven't worked this hard on my eating disorder in a long time.  It's been intense, I've been writing daily, pushing myself and challenging myself. Lately Everyone has been telling me "Leave all your stuff behind, the past is the past". But you can't move on unless you work on things that really bother you. Which I am doing, I will continue therapy no matter how many people tell me to get over myself. I don't want to end up like someone who will never get help with there problems, and drink or do drugs to feel the void. I will get help. I will overcome my Eating disorder, I will overcome self harm and suicidal idealizations, I will over come body image, I will overcome my anger towards others, my anxiety and my depression. I started therapy a year ago, I am doing much better now. I'm not thinking of hurting myself all the time. Which is a HUGE accomplishment. I am working on comparing myself to others, including my best friend who  I do the most. Because growing up I've been asked, "Is it hard to be friends with someone who is stunning?" "No wonder you have an eating disorder your best friend has the perfect body and she could be a model and then there's you, you can't even pull curvy of right". So comparing myself to my best friend is a big thing that I am trying to overcome.  As well as comparing myself to others because I do it A LOT! All I know Is that I am sick of people telling me I should be ashamed of who I am, because I struggle. Well at least I am getting help like you didn't. Which makes me SO mad. At least I have enough balls to get help.

So judged me for being brave, but look at yourself, do you do things you hate? Because of your past? Like drink to cover up the pain? I am not going to get to that point.

1 comment:

  1. You are BEAUTIFUL and one of the most amazing young ladies I've had the honor of having in my life. Love you always Mariah!!!!

    Tracy, (Jaq's mom)

    ReplyDelete