Pages

Monday, August 12, 2013

Stepping out of your comfort zone!

So my cousin is too young to understand what's wrong with me, But she still didn't hold back her advice. A few day's ago I had a reality check. She said " You say don't judge others, but why do you always judge yourself. When I heard that come out from an 11 year olds mouth I was shocked and was like wow. 

I went up north for the past 2 days, I had planned on eating very little and purging if I did. But guess what this girl did? She fought against her self. She ate a shit ton of candy, pizza, EVEN WENT TO 2 RESTAURANTS.  Which is all out of my comfort zone. But I did do it anyways. I didn't swim with clothes on beside of course my bathing suit. Cause that would be awkward :0.. Lol, but I did well, and I took advice from my therapist. I even had MARSHMALLOWS! lol. This may not seem like a big deal to any of you, but when you struggle with an ED you don't want to swim cause you feel ugly, nasty, E.T.C. But still. I even went with my boyfriend and I still stepped out of my comfort zone, and splurged in food, and didn't wear a shit ton of clothes while swimming. Going out of town with your best friends and bf is a HUGE step for me, I don't even like being out of my room. But hey If I want RECOVERY this is what I have to do. I have to step out of my comfort zone. I literally just didn't care this weekend. I don't know what was different, but it felt like I was actually happy. I had a reality check there as well. Everyone said I zone out a lot, and then I become depressed. I realize when I do that I go to my ED thoughts, and I'm consumed in them and  I just don't know what to do.  I only snap out because people call my name. It's happened once! So You know that's progress! Another note I am going out AGAIN tonight. Stepping out AGAIN! I am on fire these past 3 days.  Today has been a struggle.

BUT HEY WHO SAID RECOVERY WAS GONNA BE EASY!





No comments:

Post a Comment