Pages

Monday, April 29, 2013

Fear/being let free

Fears-a distressing emotion aroused by impending danger, evil, pain, etc., whether the threat is real or imagined; the feeling or condition of being afraid.

 

When you struggle with any kind of illness, Fear is something that is constantly on your mind. 

Having cancer, a mental illness, or any other kind of illness. Fear is awaiting you at every corner, when you wake up. When you go to bed, when you get in a car with friends.

I know for me, fear plays a big role in my eating disorder. I'm scared to go out in public, I'm terrified of food, and of weight gain. I fear the unkown, I am always on the look out for something wrong to happen. 

Another thing that goes through your mind would is will I ever recover. I know that's on my mind as much as fear, it might be a little more. I can't help but think it can never happen. That's when fear comes in, I'm terrified that I don't have enough strength to recover.

When I sit there and those thoughts ponder through my mind I usually let them go at large, feeling to tired to fight agaisnt it. I always say whats the point. But in the past week, I have beem facing my fears, I'm eating food again, the kind that scares me to death. I mean for real in your mind I know your thinking, " It's just food". But in my mind, it's omg, a calorie. You don't need that, it will make you fat, go play a game. If your hungry in a hour that's when you will eat. Some times I cry, and just think how life would be with the fear gone.

It is different with every dieases, And I guess from my point of view, it's a big thing for me. I am so afraid. I've never let fear rule me. But for the past 3 years, it's made me paralyzed. 

I am slowly starting to let fear out of my mind. I am knocking walls down fast, because I am not letting fear control me anymore!

 

1 comment:

  1. Oh my this is awesome and it shows you have a gift to recognize the root of most problems are never recognized by those who suffer! Fear is so controlling and so many adults are clueless as to how to gain control... you are ahead of the game because you know! Keep going girl, growing girl. and you will conquer fear and hopefully help the weak grow strong- I Love you Mariah.

    ReplyDelete